Car keys, house keys, cupboard keys, pantry keys… All of these have one thing in common; they all have the special ability of randomly disappearing when you need them most. But worry not! We have the “key” to your problems. This segment of DIY key holders is here to save you from those stressful mornings spent in search of that one key you swore you placed on the coffee table the night before. Let’s get those creative juices flowing!
BLACKBOARD KEY HOLDER
- Place the blackboard on the canvas and draw an outline of the blackboard.
- Paint outside the outline of the blackboard. Go crazy with some brushes and paint!
- Set aside the canvas to dry.
- Stick the blackboard onto your canvas using bonding glue and super glue. Wait while the glue cures to stick to the canvas.
- Use superglue to stick metal hooks onto the canvas, and you’re done! You have a cute, colourful and organised spot for your keys!
It is super simple to make and adds a pop of colour to your home! It is the perfect combination of art and craft. Get working!
MAGNETIC KEY HOLDER
- Arrange the mason jar lids in any order on the canvas.
- Trace the outline of the lids on the canvas.
- Create designs around the outlines with your favourite patterns and colours!
- Set the canvas aside to dry.
- Using super glue, glue the magnets onto the back of the lids. Make sure you use enough so that they actually stick. Set them aside, magnets facing upwards, and let them dry.
- Once the glue is dry, use super glue and carefully stick the lids onto their respective outlines.
- You can even stick some metal hooks onto the front of a few lids.
- Once you’re done, just hang your keys on one of the hooks or place a key on one of the magnetic lids!
This DIY is really efficient and adds oomph to whichever corner you decide to place it in! The colours are popping, and your keys are now safe. (No more last minute treasure hunts!) This segment is rather useful, easy to make, and we guarantee you will feel rather productive once you’re done with either one of them! For more DIY segments and hacks, watch this space for more!